phpPgAdmin - Login disallowed

by GarciaPL on Saturday 21 December 2013

Few days ago I had pleasure to install on my web server called XAMPP delivered by Apache Friends one of the management tool for PostgreSQL called PhpPgAdmin. I must to say that installation is very easy, all you have to do is to put extracted files of this tool to htdocs folder, edit config located on phpPgAdmin/conf/config.inc.php and just run index.php through your web browser.

Unfortunately in my case there was some issue with connecting to PostgreSQL database. I had message something like "Login disallowed". I spent a lot of time to figure out the right solution, which I am going to share with you.

Just go to file on this path - phpPgAdmin/conf/config.inc.php and just change

$conf['extra_login_security'] = true


on


$conf['extra_login_security'] = false



Reference : [1] PhpPgAdmin Home Page [2] XAMPP Home Page